[meteorite-list] AD- Sikhote-Alin Commemorative Coin

From: Rob Wesel <rob_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 13:05:35 -0700

Hello all-

For the past few months I have been working on a new coin to commemorate the
60 year anniversary of the Sikhote-Alin Fall.

The front of the coin bears the face of E.L. Krinov, uncontested as the
scientist who brought this meteorite to the forefront and studied it beyond
compare. In the background is his diagram of the main mass breakup and fall
pattern.

The reverse shows the now famous painting by the artist named Medvedev,
created from memory only moments after the fall. I would hazard a guess that
anyone who has a Sikhote meteorite in their collection has an archived copy
of this painting somewhere. Inset on the reverse is a piece of Sikhote
meteorite.

The coin set was limited to a run of only 300 so there are not many to go
around.

Coin numbers 1-20, 100, 200, and 300 are reserved for a later time.

Any other lucky numbers are available and I will try to meet requests. I
would ask that you order a coin with a request, knowing that I will do my
best but if it is gone you'll get a random draw.

Orders of blocks of coins can get consecutive numbers.

Coin number 60 is an important number in this set and I reserve that one for
the buyer to acquire the 60th coin, something of a lottery prize

Through the weekend I am offering a discount from web pricing and coins will
be $30 each.

U.S. Shipping $2 for one to two coins $4 for more up to 2 pounds.

Foreign shipping $5 for one to two coins, $11 for more up to 4 pounds.

I will be setting the meteorite pieces in the coins to order, if you wish to
have no meteorite set in the coin, so as you may use your own, just let me
know.

Sikhote-Alin is one of the mainstay pieces in every collection. Large or
small, having one of these coins sitting next to you collection piece will
add eye appeal and a sense of history.

I am pleased with the way these turned out, I hope you are too.

Thanks for looking,

http://www.nakhladogmeteorites.com/catalog/sacoin.htm

P.S. for the collectors of rare and weird, I have one flawed and two
prototype coins available at $50 each. The flawed is a #1 and has been
remade, the corrected #1 resides with me. The two prototypes are one that is
chromed and a #300 with a different numbering schematic later corrected to a
#300 consistent with the rest of the set.

Rob Wesel
http://www.nakhladogmeteorites.com