[meteorite-list] Dangerous! Do not try repeat process with regularacid!

From: mark ford <markf_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 13:01:12 +0100

But is the result any better than Ferric Chloride? - They seemed to etch awfly quick!, with a lot of foaming, that's seems to be quite a strong acid...

(Iv'e used Ferric Chloride for years (and also Ammonium Persulfate) - it gives a really good etch, which if neutralized properly afterwards in Sodium carbonate, doesn't rust either...)

Best,

Mark