[meteorite-list] A possible impact crater for the 1908

From: Charles O'Dale <codale0806_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 20:21:07 -0400

>Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 10:36:59 -0400
> From: "Pete Pete" <rsvp321 at hotmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [meteorite-list] A possible impact crater for the 1908 TunguskaEvent
> Hi, Charles,
> I'm sure I am not the only one on the List that would be very interested in
> hearing your personal opinion regarging this.
> Cheers,
> Pete

All I will say is that I will go where the evidence leads me. So far, there is NO concrete evidence of an impact event at Lake Cheko. The evidence required is listed at:

http://www.ottawa.rasc.ca/articles/odale_chuck/earth_craters/intro.html

>From the erosion and sediment deposits that have happened in that area, it looks like the only way we may get this evidence is by drilling similar to the drilling at Brent that revealed evidence of an impact:

http://www.ottawa.rasc.ca/articles/odale_chuck/earth_craters/brent/index.html

To conclude, I would put Lake Cheko in the same league as Merewether. The shape of the structures strongly insinuates a possible impact event but the hard evidence is not there or is inconclusive.

http://www.ottawa.rasc.ca/articles/odale_chuck/earth_craters/merewether/index.html

Just my opinion.
Chuck