[meteorite-list] FW: Re: Centimeter cubes

From: info at niger-meteorite-recon.de <info_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 10:43:03 +0200

Dear Tett, list,

thanks for your kind words on the scalecube story. No, the cubes circulating
with the broad engravings and the "1cm" gimmick are a follow up product done by
someone else. They also use a different font than the original NASA type cubes.

For good reasons the cubes we have manufactured strictly stick to the NASA
design. They are "old school" if you want so and therefore easy to recognize.
Their engravings are much thinner than the ones on the follow up cube. The
finer engravings avoid metallic reflections from the molded aluminum. I guess
that is why NASA has chosen the more precise gravures. They are harder to
manufacture but as in all their other projects their policy is to go for the
optimum result and not to choose the easiest way.

We feel a meteorite scalecube should transport a purely functional and
technical aesthetics that should not distract from the meteorite pictured with
it.

However, every cubeless collector is free to choose what product serves best
his duties. And we encourage everyone who whants to give it a try to produce
his or her own cubes. Its a free market, and hey, in the end its just a cube ;)

Best regards

Svend

www.niger-meteorite-recon.de

Thanks Svend!

I really enjoyed reading the history. My new cube has the T with 1CM below
it. Is this your latest version?

When will you have more for sale?

Cheers,

Mike