[meteorite-list] Change in core vocabulary

From: Darren Garrison <cynapse_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 20:50:00 -0400

On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 17:18:57 -0700, you wrote:

>on 6/17/07 12:31 PM, Darren Garrison at cynapse at charter.net wrote:
>> 7% per what? You left out the rate. I'm guessing "century"
>OOPS, sorry, that is per 1,000 years.

Ah. Would that 7 percent per 1,000 years be added onto the percent change from
the previous thousand years, like compound interest? If so, going by a 7
percent change, it would take only 10,000 years for 96% of the core words to
change. If you go by the low end of the estimate and say the US was colonized
12,000 years ago, that would be a 125% change of the core words. If I'm doing
the math right (taken from this page http://www.1728.com/compint.htm). Even if
the "interest" isn't compounded and it is straight 7 percent on the original
figure, it would take only around 14,000 years for a 100% change of the core
words.