[meteorite-list] Chesapeake bay impactite

From: cviau at beld.net <cviau_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 22:46:13 -0400 (EDT)

Hello list,

Recently, I have added to my collection some impactite specimens from
around the world that I have found really fascinating. I am inquiring
about the Chesapeake Bay Crater. Can anyone tell me if there are any
commercially available specimens of impactite from this crater? I know
that most of what was found came from core drilling, which of course would
never be for sale, however I was wondering if any exposed material or
ejecta from this impact was ever located above ground, and available
anywhere. I would guess that Georgiaites (tektites) would be in this
category, but they seem elusive as well.

Thanks for any info, as I am sure that if no one on this list knows, then
there is none to be had.

CharlyV

No virus found in this outgoing