[meteorite-list] OCEANS ON MARS

From: Rob McCafferty <rob_mccafferty_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 14:33:50 -0700 (PDT)

Fascinating article from both yourself and Ron.
It left me thinking "I could have thought of that if
only I were a little bit smarter" as I knew all the
mechanisms involved.
To see what is right in front of your face is a
constant challenge

> Meanwhile, we can
> put
> a sedimentary Martian Meteorite on the list of
> things we want
> the universe to give us for Christmas.

Wouldn't that be something extraordinary? Problem is,
would anyone recognise it as a meteorite if it had
lost it's crust from lying around for a bit?
I wouln't be surprised if one had already been found
with crusts on but got discarded as "clearly
terrestrial".

Rob McC