[meteorite-list] Global warming

From: Jake Baker <bakers5acres_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 06:38:21 -0700

I don't like to go off list but I will.

I have a friend who is a dirt and water doctor working for USDA research.
He is extremely upset about alternate fuels because of the use of
groundwater to irrigate crops for fuel. It is a critical topic that embraces
not only hydrology but also ethics. If we exhaust water tables growing fuel
crops where will we be?? No water to drink but by god we'll have fuel.
Doesn't it make more sense to use petro-reserves than affect a critical
resource?

Also is it ethical to grow crops for fuel when peoples of the world are
starving??

Your choice.

Barb