[meteorite-list] 7 plagues

From: Sterling K. Webb <sterling_k_webb_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 20:00:14 -0500

Darryl (and the Plague Interest Group),

In the movie, the hailstones are burning
without being consumed (a well-known
stage trick using mixture of carbon disulfide
and carbon tetrachloride that burns impressively
but is ice-cold). As in the movie, so in The Script:

Ex 9,23:
And Moses stretched forth his rod toward heaven:
and the LORD sent thunder and hail,
and the fire ran along upon the ground;
and the LORD rained hail upon the land of Egypt.
Ex, 9,24:
So there was hail, and fire mingled with the hail,
very grievous, such as there was none like it
in all the land of Egypt since it became a nation.
Ex 9,25:
And the hail smote throughout all the land of Egypt
all that was in the field, both man and beast;
and the hail smote every herb of the field,
and brake every tree of the field.

The rain of meteorites that kills many of the five
armies of the Amorites does not come until

Joshua 10,11:
And it came to pass, as they fled from before Israel,
and were in the going down to Bethhoron,
that the LORD cast down great stones from heaven
upon them unto Azekah, and they died:
they were more which died with hailstones
than they whom the children of Israel slew with the sword.

Now, if a meteorite was cold enough to become
totally covered with rime ice, would they have
called it a "hailstone"?

Sterling K. Webb