[meteorite-list] Global Warming - Scientifically proven or a farce

From: Jason Utas <meteoritekid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 03:07:55 -0700

Hello All,

It doesn't matter why the Earth is warming. The fact of the matter is
that people are dying of starvation thanks to the warming (yes, Rob,
it's happening - recheck your data because it's clearly completely
wrong, as far as global trends are concerned), and scientific fact
tells us that CO2, even if it isn't the direct cause of the warming
(but which it most likely is, based on what I learned in both physics
and AP chemistry classes - unless CO2 somehow defies the laws of
physics, it does contribute to warming, especially in the amounts that
human industry have released), it still accelerates the change and/or
makes it greater, harming innocent people without even the most basic
resources all the more.

Yes climate might be akin to change, but that doesn't mean that we as
humans shouldn't try to lessen the impact that such 'detrimental'
changes have on our less fortunate brethren.

What it comes down to is your attitude towards life in general. 'It's
not my fault, so why does it matter,' is one...another is that,
'people are suffering, so something should be done.'

Whichever one you pick is, of course, entirely up to you.

Just...turn the lights off when you leave the room, please.

Jason