[meteorite-list] Papers on Desert and Other Meteorites AvailableOnline Until June 18th

From: Sterling K. Webb <sterling_k_webb_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2007 18:28:25 -0500

Hi, Paul, List,

    Thanks again to Paul for pointing this out. ALL
of Vol. 256 is worth having; at least I thought so. It
contains some very interesting pieces about Tektites.
Also, take a look at 1998's Vol. 140 (edited by
Monica Grady) entitled "Meteorites: Flux with Time
and Impact Effects," also worth having all of.
http://sp.lyellcollection.org/content/vol140/issue1/

    Apparently, The Geological Society, London
is putting themselves on line, all of their history of
publication, all their books, etc. It will cost you
to use it, but they are testing (or advertising) the
site as they build it, by allowing free access up
through June 18. Yes, there IS a free lunch, at
least for a while.

    I've been making a pig out myself at the free
food tables: four books, over a gigbyte, but had
one bandwidth enough and time, there seems to
be a library of many more gigabytes. For example,
if you interested in fossils (and I know there are
fossil-people on the List), Vol. 217 is "Evolution
and Palaeobiology of Pterosaurs." Vol. 199 is on
"The Early Earth."

    I would feel bad about urging the looting of
of a temporarily free resource, but the day that
any real damage is done by the frantic stampede
to acquire knowledge is probably a day none
of us will ever live to see.

Sterling K. Webb