[meteorite-list] Arrow head found in box of Moroccan Meteorite fragments.

From: Darren Garrison <cynapse_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2007 01:26:45 -0400

On Sat, 9 Jun 2007 00:35:14 EDT, you wrote:

>Hi List, You all will think I am nuts. I was going through a box of small
>meteorite fragments sorting out interesting pieces and attractive
>individuals. It was out of 20 Kg. small stuff, all unsorted and very dirty and I found
>an arrow head. Nice shape. About 1 inch total length.
>
>Are there any arrow heads found in the region where meteorites would be
>shipped from Morocco?

I don't know for sure on that, but I did buy a few arrowheads supposed to be
from Morocco from an ebay meteorite dealer once (they were cheap, bought them on
impulse when I was buying some meteorites). I'm no expert on arrowheads, but to
me they looked like the mass-produced modern crap that you can buy for 25 cents
each various places (probably all have encountered them at mineral shows). Or I
could be wrong and they could be real.

I also have an NWA that looks almost like somebody tried to shape it into a
tool, but then again could just be broken that way (and with no way to know for
sure either way).