[meteorite-list] how to get to Ensisheim

From: Zelimir Gabelica <Zelimir.Gabelica_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2007 11:27:06 +0200

Hello Graham, List

Graham, glad to read that you can confirm your coming!

You are warmly welcome and I'll try to convince you that all is very easy
and informal here. Tucson may have several hundreds of thousands of people
and is extended in surface (I was there in...1986) but Ensisheim is small
(about 6000 people) and all the houses are about grouped around the church,
that is located just next to the Regency palace. The church can be seen
from the surrounding plain and fields when you head towards the city by
car. Impossible to miss the Regency (& church) and all is duly indicated by
posts.

Well, this is if you come by car. Ensisheim is the first exit when you
drive North from Mulhouse towards Stasbourg. If you land in Basel (about 20
km from Mulhouse) and rent a car, it is the same. You just head to Mulhouse
then take the diversion towards Stasbourg and Colmar (another highway, well
indicated).
If you come by train to Mulhouse (16 km from Ensisehim) from either Basel
or Paris, then there could be a problem as the bus service is "very
confidential" (at the best one per day!).
Then taking a taxi is the best tip.
In case, tell us when your train comes and possibly we could arrange some
"private shuttle", although this is not very likely as we are very very
busy from wednesday on.

Regarding the dinner-party, all is easy as well. Just tell me how many people.
I note here your two names, that's all. It's reserved.
Don't worry about vegetarian alternative, some extra meat-free meal can be
prepared by the friendly owner (also cook) of "La Couronne". You just have
to ask when you show up.

Nothing else has to be booked in advance (except sale tables), all is free
to decide when you want, the way you want. I always try the simplest and
the most flexible way as it always proved to be the most efficient.
In case, when on site, ask questions to the organizing committee (we will
wear specific badges).

All other onfo (locations, hotels, events, lectures...) you worried about
can be found in the circular that I am enclosing for you (I'll send again
the same mail only to you as attachments can't be sent to the list).
And if you wish maps, ask our friend "Google" (or alike) by typing
"Ensisehim". A small map can be also found on our web site (indicated on
the circular).

I hope that now, free from most of the stress, you will show relax, up with
your best smile!

To the list:
another visitor just anounced his coming: Aziz Habibi. At least for the
Friday party.

Best,

Zelimir

A 01:15 08/06/2007 +0100, ensoramanda a ?crit :