[meteorite-list] Dhofar 908 3-lithology photo

From: Norbert Classen <trifid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 01:29:07 +0200

Hi Dave, and All,

No need to be sorry - NWA 3333 is another great example of a lunar with
three lithologies, and it's also kind of a "missing link" between other
paired stones:

http://www.meteoris.de/img/ncc-lun/NWA3333-2.092g.jpg

If you just had a stone displaying the ol-phyric basaltic lithology only,
such as NWA 3160...

http://www.meteoris.de/img/ncc-lun/NWA3160-1.050g.jpg

...and another stone that consisted entirely of olivine-gabbro, such as NWA
2977...

http://www.meteoris.de/img/ncc-lun/NWA2977-2.890g.jpg

...you would hardly notice that you are dealing with potentially paired
stones if it wasn't for these multi-lithology samples such as NWA 2727:

http://www.meteoris.de/img/ncc-lun/NWA2727-3.36g.jpg

For more detailed information please visit Randy Korotev's great page at:

http://meteorites.wustl.edu/lunar/stones/nwa0773.htm

Enjoy!
Norbert

-----Urspr?ngliche Nachricht-----

  Sorry to intrude on your discussion once again on
Dho 908 and also changing the subject a bit, but I
think one of my favorite lunar slices has to be NWA
3333 that Norbert has on his web site. Seems to me
from my uneducated eye, that this particular lunar
slice has more than one lithologies, but I`m probably
wrong. Can we get an explanation on this one to extend
this fascinating subject a while longer and possibly a
photo for everyone to see?
                                              Dave