[meteorite-list] Rosetta Stone Analogy

From: Darren Garrison <cynapse_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2007 18:16:49 -0400

On Mon, 4 Jun 2007 00:00:34 +0200, you wrote:

>For me is better to call meteorite with his official name even if this is
>ugly NWA 9999999 name, than create some unreal "marketing" names that have
>nothing to do with meteorites.

I don't see why calling it A "Rosetta stone" (not THE "Rosetta stone") is a
"marketing term", as much as a description of the significance of the find.
Now, "hammer stone", THAT is just a marketing term to me, because where a
meteorite lands and what it hits has no scientific value or importance
whatsoever.

http://www.answers.com/rosetta+stone&r=67

"The term Rosetta Stone has become idiomatic as something that is a critical key
to a process of decryption or translation of a difficult problem. For example,
"the Rosetta Stone of immunology" and [5] "Arabidopsis, the Rosetta Stone of
flowering time"."