[meteorite-list] NWA 4781 new CH3 carbonaceous chondrite AD

From: PolandMET <marcin_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2007 01:34:26 +0200

Helo
Im proundly present new ultra rare meteorite from NWA area.

NWA 4781 (provinsional)
Carbonaceous Chondrite CH3 W4
Morocco , 11.2006
TKW=181g

I must say that I have never before see a meteorite with surface like in
this CH3 meteorite.
Inside, iron distribution is also unusual. Iron is in small groups and not
distributed regulary in whole matrix like we see on all chondrites. From
time to time I have found on slices larger iron spheres up to few
milimeters. Matrix contain very small
chondruls , mostly under 1mm, and rarely larger.

Meteoritical Bulletin say that there are only 19 CH3 chondrites and only 9
from hot deserts.
1 Oman SaU 290
4 Alregian Acfer's 182, 207, 214, 366
4 Maroccan NWA's 470, 739, 770, 2210

http://www.polandmet.com/_nwa4781.htm

I hope that final price is fair for such rare material with limited supply.
Right now I own only around 120g of this meteorite. Free 20g type specimen
and cut loses make your work.

More rare meteorites will come soon, only if labs will work fast :)

http://www.Meteoryt.net marcin at meteoryt.net
http://www.PolandMET.com marcin at polandmet.com
http://www.Gao-Guenie.com GSM +48(607)535 195