[meteorite-list] Cali chondrite fell extremely cold!

From: Bill <glixard_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 19:43:42 -0800

Hi all,

I can relate to the way the mind could confuse hot and cold. When I was very young my older brother convinced me that I had to undergo an initiation in order to hang out with him and his pals.

The victim, me, was blindfolded and told that a small burn would be made on my chest with a hot steam iron. This mark would identify me as part of the group as they assured me they had all gone through the same procedure. Naive and very young, I didn't think to ask to see their marks.

The iron was brought into the room and I could hear the steam gurgling. What I didn't know was that another iron was in the freezer. The burn was supposed to be small and done very fast so you can imagine how it felt when they slapped the whole surface of the freezing iron on my chest. I think I blacked out from the shock of what I thought was an agonizing burn!

Bill