[meteorite-list] Queensland Website

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 01:29:33 -0700

Hi All,
        Bob Walker, that crazy Ozie just send me this:
--
Michael

Can u post something to the list for me

preliminary results for the Tenham strewnfield seven NEW finds are to hand

1 and 2 = detailed look

1. Ingella 2 - 70.17 grams - Chondrite, H4, Shock 2, Weathering 3

2. Ethabuka - 11.3 grams - Chondrite, H5, Shock 3, weathering 2

>From three onwards, I have had a good look, but not a detailed one, so they
may change very slightly.

3. Ingella 3 - 9.15 grams - chondrite H6, Shock 4, weathering 4

4. Lake Machattie 2 - 12.42 grams - Chondrite L/LL 5 (likely L), shock 2,
weathering 2-3

5. Cowarie waterhole - 25.92 grams - chondrite H5, shock 2, weathering 0-1,
very fresh, shows fusion crusted
edge.

6. Lake Koolivo - 15.34 grams - Chondrite Brecciated LL/L (likely LL) 5-6,
shock 3, weathering 1-2, again
only minor oxidation, very slightly weathered.

7. Bedourie - 54.94 grams - Chondrite H4, Shock 3, Weathering 5

Photographs of remaining main masses and thin-section pictures will be
posted to www.qmig.org <http://www.qmig.org>  as soon as I am able

Metsoc may bypass provisional submission and simply seek a full and final
submission as per the seven new finds from Birdsville

Note - Lake Machattie 2 is far different from the known H5 Lake Machattie -
Ingella 2 and Ingella 3 are far different from the known H5 Ingella Station

Finally - my website is long overdue for an update - photographs of the cut
faces of the Tenham strewnfield seven are linked from my new find page but I
have to put names and weights to them and link them to separate pages like
the Birdsville Seven

Thats it folks - 21 approved Queensland meteorites on the metsoc database -
many more listed on my Queensland falls page - looks like another 14 will be
added to the approved metsoc list and then I need to focus on some of the
other finds that either have not been submitted to metsoc or get lab work
done to say change the metsoc listed iron ungrouped for Glenoriston and
others changed to coarse octahedrite etc

Cheers