[meteorite-list] Santa Fé

From: Impactika at aol.com <Impactika_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 14:51:01 EDT

Thank you Bernd, Martin, Morko, and all,

Yes, Santa Fe is a "bitch to cut". Achim did the cutting, and it took 10
hours per slice with his wire saw. And they are not all that big!
As for the tendency to rust, Andi Gren is going to do the etching and
stabilizing, that means that the slices will have to soak for a long time in his
"magic, secret potion".
All that might explain why I won't have the Santa Fe much before the Denver
Show.

As for the classification, I am going to the meeting of the Met. Society in
Tucson in August, and I am planning on having a chat with the nice people down
 there. And of course I will let you know what I learn from them.

>From summerly hot Denver!

Anne M. Black
_www.IMPACTIKA.com_ (http://www.IMPACTIKA.com)
_IMPACTIKA at aol.com_ (mailto:IMPACTIKA at aol.com)
President, I.M.C.A. Inc.
_www.IMCA.cc_ (http://www.IMCA.cc)
-

In a message dated 7/20/2007 12:05:29 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time,