[meteorite-list] Fw: Rocks From Space Picture of the Day - July 18, 2007

From: Mike Fowler <mqfowler_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 16:59:36 -0500

> Hi " Spacerocksinc ", Anita and List:
>
> Nice meteorite, nice picture! However, the captation should read:
>
> Senhor , not Sen?r... and Fazenda, not Hacienda.
> In Brasil, they speak/write Portuguese, not Spanish.
>
> Jos? Campos
> Portugal

Senor and Hacienda are Spanish words that have made it into the
English Language. Since the caption was written in English, I don't
see a problem with the usage, However, not too many English speakers
would know what a Fazenda is!

Of course technically speaking you are correct, and they do speak
Portuguese in Brazil, although not the same Portuguese they speak in
Portugal.

Sincerely,

Mike Fowler
Chicago