[meteorite-list] Magnetite/Glass Meteorite Balls

From: Chris Peterson <clp_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 18:37:49 -0600

Hi Jerry-

I also operated our dust collector as a school experiment (K-8). The
kids were involved in designing the collector, and responsible for
taking the data. I did teach that most or all of the material we could
see was almost certainly terrestrial, but that didn't dampen the sense
of adventure every time the samples went under the microscope. And there
were those few spherical particles that we couldn't be certain of...

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com