[meteorite-list] Alaskan Muck, Tsunami, Hibben (and strokes)

From: E.P. Grondine <epgrondine_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 12:15:37 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Paul, all -

Please excuse this revisitation of the topic, but...

I see by re-reading Hibben that the holocene start
muck is described separate from the find spot of the
point.
(Though that find spot was overlain by 90 feet of
"marine deposits".)

I've had a stroke since I read through Hibben's
report, and have moved on to other material - my book
does span 6 million years, after all, with about
50,000 years in detail. (My current focuses are more
recent.)

But again, Hibben's purpose was to demonstrate the use
of the Siberian land bridge. He appears to have been
surprised by the holocene start deposits, and I can't
find a reason for him to lie about what he saw (or the
point recovered), particularly when those who were
there with him at the time were still alive.

I hope this finishes the topic, and we can move on to
meteoritic spheres. (But I fear that's not likely).

Once again, the easiest way to explain the end of the
last ice age is by the mechanism I suggested - an
altering of the Pacific current channels. If this
upsets CO2-global warming advocates, so be it.

Sometimes its hard to think calmly when people are
screaming.

Ed
Man and Impact in the Americas