[meteorite-list] Analysis Wanted

From: Jake Baker <bakers5acres_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2007 11:04:49 -0700

I am looking for a reputable lab that will analyze an observed and recovered
fall. I would consider paying for analysis if it's not too expensive. I need
the recommendation for a lab that will do a complete analysis.

I got ripped off by one lab that did no more than a visual and magnetic exam
and don't want that to happen again.

I've tried several universities but because it is very low iron and does not
pass the metallic and 'magnet' test they by-pass it. It is stony, loaded
with chondrules, has a grey fusion crust, when sliced the edges along the
fusion crust show a greater density than the interior, it is extremely dense
- a small football (American not soccer) sized piece weighs 19 pounds, there
are metallic inclusions and a small circular magnet will roll slowly toward
the specimen.

You can contact me off list and I'll send pictures.
www.bakers5acres at frontiernet.net <http://www.bakers5acres at frontiernet.net/>

Thanks, Jake