[meteorite-list] AD - Update on Nigerian Scams and Classifieds

From: Paul Harris <paul_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 15:29:38 -0800

Hello Everyone,

While the list is slow (or really because I finally figured it out) I
thought I'd give you an update.

Our developer of the classifieds suggested blocking all the IP addresses
for Nigeria. I did this but in only slowed
down the number but did not stop them completely so I've been working on
modifying the php and javascript to block
all "_at_yahoo" and "@hotmail" email address from being able to contact you
through the classified ads.

I think I've finally got it working so as of now, if anyone receives a
suspicious email from the classifieds, please contact me off the list.
Also... If the classifieds crash on you please let me know that as well :-)

Jim and I have a major update coming up on meteorite.com which will make
the classifieds much more visible. We have also
streamlined the classified categories to make them much easier to use.
You also no longer have to register in order to place
a free classified ad. Just post away!

http://www.meteorite-times.com/classifieds/

Thank you for your patients,

Paul