[meteorite-list] Through the eyepiece microscope photography

From: Pat Brown <radio_ranch_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 22:39:06 -0800 (PST)

Hi Darren and the List,

I was also leery of the small digital point and shoot
cameras with the really small optics. I am a fan of
Sony cameras. I have had the DSC-F505V and currently
have a DSC-F828. The photos from the 828 look great. I
recently bought a Sony DSC-S500 6Mpixel point and
shoot for $180(not as good for through-the-eyepiece
microscope photos as the DSC-P92 due to the setback
from the front edge of the lens assembly to the actual
lens). I am amazed at the quality of the optics in the
little S500. I have taken large landscape photos and
blown them up to 12"x18" with eye-popping results.

ymmv with non-Sony cameras....

Pat Brown