[meteorite-list] Geoff's meteorite page on Wikipedia

From: Frank Cressy <fcressy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 21:48:13 -0800 (PST)

Hello Geoff, Mark and all,

Anyone notice on the Wikipedia article the image of
the Wisconson meteorite that "fell" in 1868? Click on
the image and it shows a gentleman (Increase Lapham)
examining it. Unfortunately, no meteorite fell in
Wisconson in that year. The meteorite in question is
probably one of the Trenton iron meteorites (IIIAB)
that were found in Wisconson in 1858. Vernon County
is the only Wisconson fall (1865) that fell prior to
Lapham's death but the meteorite pictured in the
Wikipedia page is much larger than either of the 2
Vernon County stones that fell.

Cheers,
Frank