[meteorite-list] First United States R chondrite pieces for sale

From: wahlperry at aol.com <wahlperry_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 12:08:14 -0500

Hi List,

I will be going to Tucson on the weekend of February 2nd. I will be
bringing along my new find from Nevada. It is the very first R
chondrite found in the United States. The total weight was 70 grams. It
was broken into 29 fragments. Classification is almost complete at the
Smithsonian. It should appear soon in the next Bulletin. I only have 8
pieces left, some with fusion crust. This is a very unique find and I
will only be able to sell a few pieces. I will have the situ pictures
on a CD to go along with the meteorite. Contact me off list for a price
or to view in person in Tucson.

Thanks,

Sonny

www.nevadameteorites.com