[meteorite-list] info microscope camera for trinocular

From: Pat Brown <radio_ranch_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 17:29:29 -0800 (PST)

Hello Paolo and the List,

I am a meteorite collector and amateur meteorite
researcher. Professionally, I am a research and
development engineer specializing in hardware quality
and reliability for the largest electronic test
equipment company in the world. I have technical
oversight of our local failure analysis lab. We do all
of our optical microscope photography with a 5 mega
pixel Sony digital camera. This is a $300 point and
shoot consumer camera. One of my technicians
discovered that we could take really good photographs
with the camera hand held at the eyepiece. My
technician then machined a nylon tube that alignes to
camera lens with the eyepiece. He uses a delayed
shutter timing setting on the camera and allows all
vibration to die out. You might try this technique
before investing much more money in a microscope
specific camera.

With Best Regards,
             Patrick Brown
             Scientific Lifestyle Meteorites
--- paolo <biran03 at hotmail.com> wrote:

Hi all ,
i would buy a microscope camera for may
stereo-trinocular, on ebay i have see this objet
200072499531 what do you think?

Some of you have an experience on this tipe of camera
and can indicate me some product and links?
many thanks to all for help
Paolo