[meteorite-list] Why is Gujba not in the "Catalogue?"

From: Mike Jensen <meteoriteplaya_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 10:16:22 -0700

Hi Lance
The reason it was not listed in either of these books is because it was not
published until MB 85 which came out Sept 2001. Both of the references you
mentioned were published before that date. It appears based on the
description that nothing was studied by scientists until 2000. So you will
have to take issue with the original finders for not bringing it to the
attention of the scientists until sometime in 2000.
There are more extreme examples of this. One of the most recent is the new
french meteorite Saint-Ouen-en-Champagne (proposed) which fell Sept 29,
1799. Just search the list archives for more on this one.
Mike
--
Mike Jensen
Jensen Meteorites