[meteorite-list] Martian and Lunar micrographs from Tom Phillips

From: STARSANDSCOPES at aol.com <STARSANDSCOPES_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 18:03:38 EST

Hi List Members, Tom Phillips here. My micrograph Gallery is hosted by
Meteorite Times, an online magazine. You should put it on your Favorite
Places! Paul has just finished putting up the NWA 482 Lunar and NWA 998 Martian
cross polarized light images.

These were taken at magnifications of 160X and 400X. This is not typical
for Xpol, but it is beautiful. If you haven't seen these yet, please take a
look. They are rather unlike what you would expect from a set of micrographs.

Both are easy to find, pull up the classification page and they are under
Lunar and Martian right next to each other.
_http://www.meteorite.com/meteorite-gallery/index.htm_ (http://www.meteorite.com/meteorite-gallery/index.htm)
You can also get to it by going to Meteorite Times and opening the article
Micro Visions and at the bottom of that page is a link to the Gallery.

Paul has set up a credits page in the "about me" section. I have let my
micrographs be used in many ways/places and have never charged (I did get a few
free books and magazines). I like to be given credit if one is used and this
page goes into that.

Please let me know what you think (Good or Bad) and if it is good then give
Paul a thanks as he puts in as much work into the Gallery as I do.

Thanks, Tom