[meteorite-list] Queensland Meteorites Interest Group updates part 48

From: Bob WALKER <qwalkra1_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 08:08:42 +1000

Michael

Thankyou for your kind and positive feedback

I welcome any postive feedback and will share this with the list where I
feel this to be useful...

I have said before and I will say again that I had hoped to provide some
impetus to the more parochial and patriotic listoids knocking together a
webpage showcasing meteorites from their home state or country

Its not that hard - if I can do it a budgie can and it will be a more
interesting thread than the petty squabbles that fill our inboxes...

Michael - go for it - fill your boots - 50 colorado meteorites on the metsoc
database and google search shows books no less on colorado meteorites at a
reasonable price - I and no doubt many others would greatly appreciate you
putting a page and some piccies up

>From me - the QMIG webpage is growing - I'm gonna lay low for a week or so
until it becomes clearer if some of my plans to snaffle some more bear fruit

I do need some help to track down the missing ones - its a bit of a sad
story of pillage, lost stones and theft when you dig into it - how would you
feel when you have finally tracked down the finder of hammond downs and he
cant remember where he put it... a piece was long ago given to the windorah
hotel but you guessed it gone or stolen or otherwise missing in action...

If anyone can talk Martin A into revealing a source for Hidden Valley - well
they will be immortalised on the friends of QMIG page

Lastly - if you are feeling generous - click away on my donations button - I
swear it will help you get to heaven but more importantly it will allow me
to buy some Georgetown and share some pictures and more particularly I'd
love to showcase a thin slide of this...

Thin slide pictures hopefully kick off next week - might do a weblinks page
today - maybe some funny meteorite pictures for your tshirts

Cheers