[meteorite-list] Hessle/ What I found in an old book

From: Andreas Gren <info_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 12:21:37 +0100 (MET)

Hi List,

for the friends of old Meteorite prints: have a look what I found in an old
Swedish book from 1870.

www.meteoritenhaus.de/img/hessle1.jpg

www.meteoritenhaus.de/img/hessle2.jpg

The Name of the book is

Kongliga Svenska
Vetenskaps-Akademiens
HANDLINGAR
Ny F?ljd
Attonde Bandet
1869

This book is a 600 page collection of science reports in Swedish language,
the name of the work about the Hessle fall is:

Meteorstensfallet vid Hessle
Den 1:sta Januari 1869
Af
A.E.Nordenski?ld
Med Tva Taflor
Till Kongl. Vet. Akad.Inlemnad den 13 Oktober 1869

A.E.Nordenski?ld ,the author, was very interesting person , take a look here
:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolf_Erik_Nordenski%C3%B6ld

The A.E. Nordenski?ld Collection of maps is located at the University of
Helsinki, and it is included in the Memory of the World Register of UNESCO.
Not bad

The work about the Meteorite fall from Hessle is 7 pages long and the
Catalogue of Meteorites mentions this work.
Anyone an idea, if there exist an English translation, or where to search
for it?

Best Regards
Andi