[meteorite-list] Ensisheim show 2007

From: Zelimir Gabelica <Zelimir.Gabelica_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 17:59:18 +0100

Hola List,

We are being receiving many inquiries about the dates of the 8th meteorite
show "Ensisheim 2007".

The new circular and edvertisements should have been ready by now, however,
unexpected technical (mainly computer) problems are forcing us to delay
their public release. In about 3 weeks all should be ready. Info (In French
and English) could then be found at our Ensisheim city web site, thus:

http://www.ville-ensisheim.fr/

On the other hand, Nick Gessler kindly proposed us to create a specific web
site that we could upload with the (English) circular and further info
about the show. This should be done quite soon as well.

The 2007 edition will be held from Friday June 15 to Sunday June 17. As in
the past, we stay "connected" to the big "Ste Marie" mineral show that is
nearby. Their dealer's days start as early as on Tuesday-Wednesday (June
19-20), in case you wish to attend both shows.

The overall space available in Ensishim and table prices did not change.

Regarding accomodation, we are happy to anounce that a large brand new
hotel (many rooms) has been built in Ensisheim, at 150 m from the show (!).
It will officially open this Spring but reservations can be made from now on.
Prices are as fair as in the more traditional Niemerich and La Couronne,
thus in the 70 euro range for double rooms breakfast included. (I have all
the details, phones, faxes... available, please inquire).
For those wanting to rent a car, we can provide info. The best tip is, for
overseas guests, to fly to Z?rich (international) with a short flight
connection to Basel, that is the nearby airport (about 25 km from Ensisheim
and less than 20 km from Mulhouse). Avoid flights to Paris if your purpose
is specifically Ensisehim or Ste Marie.

The topic (theme) emphasized in 2007 will concern "the strange meteorite
external shape and morphologies and their fascinating internal odd textures
(title still to be refined). It will be supporetd by 2 lectures.
The "internal wonders" (breccias, CAI's, unusual chondrules...) will be
illustrated by super slides of thin sections taken by our first lecturer
and new expert Roger Warin.
The lecturer willing to describe and explain external features
(orientation, crust, odd morphologies, grooves, holes, inclusions,
clasts....) is still badly "wanted". If not found soon (are there
voluntaries ?), either Sabine Valange or myself could take this
responsibility (and pleasure) and tell you something about this, in a short
talk.
Many oddly shaped meteorites ande section in the corresponding exhibit
(Regency Museum) will anyway speak by themselves, probably more than dozens
of pictures and thousand words.

The "wild card" will, this time, be given to Alain Carion and Pierre-Marie
Pel?, who proposed to display exclusively their brand new (old) French
meteorite, with a lot of (historical) data.

I must also apologise for my 5 days silence on mail as many of you expected
specific answerf from me. Our server did not cooperate this week and I lost
(but partly found) many of my recent posts. Things gradually settle and I
should be again in full contact next week.

Have a nice Tucson fun all!
Wish being with you but, besides the very busy schedule at work, I can't
really decide is I prefer huge storms with mild temperatures here or your
cold wave (snow ?) that showed these last days even in the deserts
(kidding...).
Storm restricted yesterday to (only) max 100 km/hour winds here in
Mulhouse. I will now drive to Belgium and be there within the next 6 hours,
hoping to see restricted damage.

Best wishes,

Zelimir

Prof. Zelimir Gabelica