[meteorite-list] Proud owner of World's Ugliest Halloween Meteorite

From: Eric Harrigan <harrharw42_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 13:29:48 -0500

Greg's reference to the World's Ugliest Halloween Meteorites has prompted me
to make my first post to the list. I am the proud owner of the World's
Ugliest Halloween Meteorite lot from Greg. I would second's Greg's opinion
that these things are mighty ugly. However, beauty is in the eye of the
beholder. Here is some feedback from one person that I sold one of the
specimens to:

"A+ a very nice example of highy weathered chondrite with caliche and
fractures."

The specimens from that lot have also wowed the kids I coach (although more
"traditional" iron meteroites are a bigger hit).

Thanks!