[meteorite-list] eaten meteorite

From: Kevin Forbes <vk3ukf_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 16:58:49 +1100

Hi, that's funny.

I'm not so silly after all.

??

Well, maybe I am, but,

I ate some dust and crumbs that came from a bit Zagami some years ago, that
I obtained from Rob Haag.

I must admit to not noticing any differnce between normal Earth rock dirt
taste and Zagami at all.

It didn't have any Martian flavouring in it whatsoever, and I gave it a good
suck too.

Yes I do eat dirt and rocks occasionally, I like to see what all of my
senses have to offer, when I'm looking at minerals, crystals and so on. Try
tasting a small sample of a mineral called pickeringite, I found some about
50 miles from here at the end of an old gold mine drive. Slate with pyrites
were the country rock.

Just in case you can't find any, it's like allum. From memory, I think it's
an hydrous iron sulphate.

OOOoooooo........ <<<< My mouth when tasting pickeringite.

Cheers, Kevin, VK3UKF.

Advertisement: It's simple! Sell your car for just $20 at carsales.com.au
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fsecure%2Dau%2Eimrworldwide%2Ecom%2Fcgi%2Dbin%2Fa%2Fci%5F450304%2Fet%5F2%2Fcg%5F801577%2Fpi%5F1005244%2Fai%5F838588&_t=757768878&_r=endtext_simple&_m=EXT