[meteorite-list] NWA 998 Nakhlite thin section Xpol micrographs by Tom Phillips

From: STARSANDSCOPES at aol.com <STARSANDSCOPES_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 22:02:44 EST

Hi list,

Yesterday I posted the list about some NWA 482 Lunar micrographs. A lot of
people emailed me, Thanks! I have my Gallery on Meteorite Times but before
we get the images loaded up if any list members want to take a look just email
me and I will send 7 cool Martian Xpol shots in an email (as I can't just
send photos to the list). Please look at my Gallery, there are some
interesting micrographs. Most taken in high magnification incident light. Those
don't look at all like the Xpol.

My Gallery on The Meteorite Exchange, Inc.
http://www.meteorite.com/meteorite-gallery/

My Articles on Meteorite-Times Magazine
http://www.meteorite.com/meteorite-gallery/Micro_Visions.htm

The micrographs I am sending out on this posting are of NWA 998 Martian
Nakhlite taken in cross polarized light at a magnification of 160X. Once again,
the thin section is owned by Jim Strope (He has the coolest stuff,
http://www.catchafallingstar.com ) and only on loan to me. It's his way of
supporting the arts.

Thanks, Tom