[meteorite-list] What does fresh Sikhote Alin fusion crust look like?

From: Gary K. Foote <gary_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 16:29:21 -0500

Rob,

These two look so similar and pristine that I would say they are from the
same expedition and have been handled in much the same manner over the
years. I've not seen such 'ashy grey' Sikhotes before. The rusted
pictures I found to be 'ugly' [just my personal taste] and the shinier
example is much like what is on today's market. If these pictures will be
at their URLs more or less permanently I will be linking to them from my
website. Are they displayed on a page somewhere or simply as photos I can
link to?

EXCELLENT specimens. I am envious...

Gary
http://www.meteorite-dealers.com