[meteorite-list] Old Sikhote-Alin documentary film

From: Alexander Seidel <gsac_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 01:53:42 +0100

I don?t know whether this has already been posted here on the list, but in a German internet forum about minerals and meteorites I just found a link to Jeff Kuykens? Australian site, which hosts a nice old b/w documentary film about the Sikhote-Alin fall:

http://www.meteorites.com.au/odds&ends/sikhote-alin.html

[Rather big, 43.8 MB, and almost 18 minutes long. With English subtitles provided by expert translator (Russian native speaker) Sergey Vassiliev]

You might enjoy this oldie! Shortly before the film ends, there is a small section showing a view of the Boguslavka IIAB Hex meteorite on display in the Russian Academy of Sciences. For several weeks now I have been the proud owner of a very nice 13.15-g-slice of that one showing excellent Neumann lines. Some slices of this meteorite may still be available from "Chladni?s Heirs" (Martin Altmann, Stefan Ralew, Andi Gren) at the Tucson show, well, if you hurry...

Alex
Berlin/Germany