[meteorite-list] NJO Votes - Update JAN 8

From: Mike Fowler <mqfowler_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 15:31:24 -0600

My vote is for a meteorwrong.

It looks a lot like a piece of iron that was kicked out of a
tubgrinder. These are large machines used to grind up wood debris,
like after a hurricane, or for recycling purposes, or for volume
reduction of demolition debris. If there is such a machine operating
within 300 or 400 yards of the impact site, it could have been
hammered around in the machine a while, leaving it somewhat rounded
and dented, and then kicked out with enough velocity to go hundreds
of feet in the air, and fall back with a velocity of 100 to 150 miles
an hour, depending on the size of the machine etc. The horizontal
travel would depend on the angle of ejection, and most importantly on
the wind speed.

Of course if this happened, it is unlikely that the owner of the
machine will come forward and own up to it.

Mike Fowler
E-Z Tree Recycling
Chicago

also ebay--starsandrocks