[meteorite-list] Forestburg (b) L5 chondrite

From: STARSANDSCOPES at aol.com <STARSANDSCOPES_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 16:10:49 EST

Hi Martin and list. I wrote a piece for Meteorite Magazine about good and
garbage thins. I agree, you get what you pay for. Most cheap thins would be
useful for a micro mount collection but should go nowhere near a microscope.

One exception is Ivan Koutyrev. He has sold thins on eBay cheap and they
are among the best I have worked with. I think he has them made at a
university in St. Petersburg. Ivan has some stories we all would love to hear. I
heard he spent last summer in an Oman jail for legally collecting and just drew
the attention of the wrong person.

Tom