[meteorite-list] Forestburg (b) L5 chondrite - Santa Vitoria

From: Impactika at aol.com <Impactika_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 15:14:13 EST

In a message dated 1/8/2007 12:45:42 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,
Zelimir.Gabelica at uha.fr writes:
Many thanks Bernd!

The picture is wonderful indeed.

Upon checking my collection catalog, I note having also got a thin section
of the same meteorite (David New, 1998).
However, I also note I sold that slice (and many others for which I had the
real meteorite represented in collection) to my friend Roger Warin
(enthroned Ensisheim 2006) who, as expert scientist, recently fell in love
for meteorite thin sections and "all what is behind".
Roger is especially becoming keen in taking micrographs of TS' under
polarized light.
As a recent list member, Roger is certainly reading this post and I can bet
he can provide us rapidly a picture of that Forestburg(b) thin section. If
not done yet, I am even more sure he is willing to do it...tonight (I well
know Roger's passions...).
Eh, Roger ?
(Story to be continued).

By the way, I also note I have a second slice of Forestburg (b) in
collection. Got from Blaine Reed (another very nice and honest guy) in 1998.
It is a 127.4 g part slice, 100x55x4 mm, black, lots of metal and some
light gray chondrules.
I can't say more as I am only reading the description in my catalog. If I
retained it in colection means that it definitely shown something different
than my big slice.
I will have a closed look next week and tell you more. Gary or Mark might
be anxious to know whether there are some greenish spots around ?

Zelimir

And here is another one: _http://www.impactika.com/catpix/DE036.jpg_
(http://www.impactika.com/catpix/DE036.jpg)

I am sorry I don't have a thin-section of Forestburg B right now, but I
might consider getting some done in the near future.

Thanks Bernd for letting me know that your Santa Vitoria finally got there
and that you like it. If you would like more snow, just say so, we still have
plenty here.

And thin-sections of Santa Vitoria are already in the making! I can give you
a bit of a preview of what they will show. Here is the picture of the slice
that has been cut, and the corner being used for the thin-sections, lots of
chondrules there. It should make for a few interesting thin-sections:
_http://www.impactika.com/AB224ts.jpg_ (http://www.impactika.com/AB224ts.jpg)

And Zelimir, Alex, Mike Martinez was working at archiving all those old
price-lists a while back. I don't know if he is still working on that, but maybe
he will respond on the List.

Anne M. Black
www.IMPACTIKA.com
IMPACTIKA at aol.com