[meteorite-list] Forestburg (b) L5 chondrite

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2007 22:21:41 -0600

Re: http://www.meteorite-dealers.com/forestburg2-6.html

Hello Gary, Bernd and list,

Gary commented "I just received and photographed this very nice slice of
Forestburg (b) from the Hupe'
Collection. Lately I've been focusing on widening my collection by
purchasing smaller
specimens and this one is just beautiful."

Bernd replied "Like Gary, I am one of the happy
owners of a beautiful Forestburg (b) slice. Forestburg (b) is much more
"handsome" than
Forestburg (a).

I agree with both of you. Forestburg (b) is a very beautiful meteorite.
Nice black matrix with green inclusions and scattered specks of metal.
(Strange how common the color green is in black chondrites.) Forestburg (b)
does look a lot better then Forestburg (a). But between the two, Forestburg
(a) does appear to be a little more weathered so perhaps we should handicap
it a little?;^)

I look new photographs of my Forestburg (a) and (b) slices and have them
loaded in the gallery of my website?linked below.

http://www.meteoritearticles.com/colforestburga.html

http://www.meteoritearticles.com/colforestburgb.html

A photograph from my Forestburg (b) thin section is shown here...

http://www.meteoritearticles.com/colforestburgbts.html

Clear Skies,
Mark Bostick
Wichita, Kansas