[meteorite-list] AD: Amazing impact-melt Eucrite!

From: Michael Farmer <meteoriteguy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2007 08:08:18 -0800 (PST)

Can't we get this buffon kicked off the list? This guy
cries when the prices are too high, he cries when the
prices are too low, it seems that all he does is cry!
For you information Matteo, Jim and I paid $4000 for
this rock on the assuption that it was Lunar in
origin. It was not, it turned out to be a Eucrite. If
you do the math, subtract the cutting loss, wire saw
cutting costs, and classification sample donation,
then you will see that even at $200.00 per gram we
will still not make more than barely $3000.00. I don't
know about Italy, but in the USA that = a monetary
loss! Apparently the price is fair enough for a
spectacular meteorite that is so small like this one,
it is sold out except for the main mass and tiny
broken pieces from the shattered slices.

Matteo, why don't you stop playing these games with
me. The list and myself are growing weary of your
non-stop emails about my prices. Now, I brought up
your Park Forest two weeks ago because of exactly this
reason, you cried and cried over me selling it for
$10.00-$20.00 gram during the fall, then told the list
that for you it was worth $7.00 gram max (I posted the
emails) now you try to sell it for $48.00 gram. It
seems that for anything you do not have you want the
price to be low, for anything you do have, you want
the price to be high.
       Why don't you mind your own business and ingore
mine? My stones are not of your concern. For myself
not to sound like a hypocrit though, I must again
explain why I joined in on the "Aubrite" discussion
last week. You are a meteorite dealer, so you affect
the business as a whole. When you offered a meteorite
on ebay, that so obviously was paired with all the
tons of material coming out of Morocco at this time,
but you self-classified it as a very rare Aubrite,
then I have to speak up. I will not stand by as you
lie and pull scams on ebay selling things that I know
darn well are not what you say they are.
Since my Eucrite is fully classified, and since it is
mine, I can therefor sell for any price I want.
Please, please stop harrasing me on and off list
Matteo. You live in Venice, a beautful city, don't you
have any life off of the internet?
Michael Farmer