[meteorite-list] [AD] Meteorite-dealers.com now non-commercial

From: Gary K. Foote <gary_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2007 15:56:40 -0500

Hi List,

I just wanted to let everyone know that meteorite-dealers.com not only will list your
dealer listings for free, but has gone completely sponsor free, with the exception of
some recommended reading tagged to our Amazon.com account. In an effort to be more
community minded we felt that offering paid sponsorships watered down what the site is
really about - helping collectors find reputable meteorite dealers and educational
information about meteorites.

Whether you currently have a listing or not please consider resubmitting your information
as we have added the opportunity for all ebayers to have a page onsite displaying their
first 10 auctions from ebay as well as a link to their complete line of ebay offerings.
Plus we will link to both your email address and your website if you so choose.

We also now have a field where IMCA members can add their IMSA number, to be included
with your listing, showing that you are a recognized reputable dealer of authenticated
meteorites.

Yes, eBay does give us a small percentage of their earnings from any auction that is won
by someone who clicks thru from meteorite-dealers.com - just like Amazon.com does for
book sales, but we don't expect to see any real revenue from either type of linking as
commission links like these are very minimally profitable. Just trying to cover a bit of
our costs so we can continue to offer quality meteoric information to the public - your
market.

Over the next few days we will be expanding our links to other educational sites as well.

My family and I feel much better personally about having a site about our hobby rather
than turning it into a meaningful revenue stream as was our original intent.

Gary Foote
http://www.meteorite-dealers.com
gary at meteorite-dealers.com