[meteorite-list] Incredible Meteor over Colorado this AM

From: JPBrockets at aol.com <JPBrockets_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 22:18:54 EST

Greetings List:

Yet again another treat on the way to work. I saw the entire break-up as I
turned out of my subdivision. JUST SPECTACULAR!!

I have now been lucky enough to see two re-entries. The other one was a few
years back just on the eastern horizon (I'm about 40 miles south east of
Denver) - and that one broke up over Kansas City! That just hammered home to me
how deceptive the distance scale is when watching meteorites that appear to
"land" just over the next hill...

Juris Breikss
JPBrockets at aol.com