[meteorite-list] Primitive Aubrite->EL6/7->EL3

From: pkmorgan at ctcweb.net <pkmorgan_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 09:49:38 -0700 (MST)

Please forgive me for not referencing actual NWA numbers but...

After scanning some material, my take is that at various times this
material has been proposed to be (if not actually classified as) a
primitive aubrite, then an EL6/7 and then after some sparsely distributed
chondrules were found, eventually an EL3.

Am I even close?

If so, were these actual classifications or papers? If any material was
classified along the way (and not formally paired), I suppose it is what
it is, but should really be revisited for pairing and reclassification?

I'm interested in the facts, not the arguments so if someone could distill
how pairings and changing classifications work, I'd appreciate it.

Oh, and is Mike's material then an EL6/7 or is it paired to the EL3 material?

Thanks and Regards,
Phil