[meteorite-list] EL6/7 meteorite loaded on eBay for one cent.4.779 kilograms.

From: Dave Freeman mjwy <dfreeman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 18:17:49 -0700

Dear Listees;
I would like to comment that back in the dark days of meteorites a
number of years ago, WE discussed issues for seemingly ages (1998-2001?)
and then WE invented the IMCA to protect the world from fraudulent
meteorite dealers....then, a weak IMCA booted out Matteo for being less
than honorable back then. Years
later...................(now).........an even weaker IMCA can do nothing
about Matteo and others that are not members..................and new
list members whine about the banter.....such is the history that lives
on in our time.
And, due to a bunch of this non binding, non back
bone................more banter is welcomed if we are to keep honesty to
a premium I would think. Leopards and spots comes to mind.
I have recently given up on IMCA. I am in good company on this side of
the fence as well. When the Organization can do little, it should be up
to the individuals to raise the red flags, even if it bothers some
individuals delete finger. Fraud is fraud, it hurts the meteorite
market in general......geeze didn't this topic come up a thousand times
in the past eight or nine years??????

Mike is right to stir the pot, if private individuals don't get the word
out, who will, the IMCA? Surely not our honest friends at eBay either.....

Should IMCA go to ebay with reasonable proof, and censure Matteo's
activities? Depends on the lawyers opinion and what you think you pay
your dues for I suppose. Mean time, it "ain't gunna happen"..........

Dave F.
IMCA # 0
from the beginning.