[meteorite-list] Hambleton Pallasite

From: Notkin <geoking_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 11:11:01 -0700

Dave Harris posted:

>> You guys have been going on about Holbrook as if it was the most
>> important thing in the world and also on and on about this
>> speculative Peru fall -
>> isn't this all a bit parochial? Is the Hambleton pallasite really
>> that
>> boring? Maybe you all know about it already and I'm just slow to get
>> on the
>> boat - that is quite possible too.

Dear Dave:

I think it's probably more that Rob's pallasite was discovered in
August of 2005, so we all already know about it. There are also
numerous photos of Rob's great find on his website.

Many, many List members have hunted at Holbrook -- it's something of a
ritual before and after the Tucson show. So, a big find there is
something that a lot of us who have traipsed the soggy red dunes,
picking up weathered crumbs and micro-individuals can relate to
personally.

And the Peru thing . . . well that's just damn entertaining : )

Respectfully,

Geoff N.
www.aerolite.org