[meteorite-list] Hambleton Pallasite - reprise

From: Dave Harris <entropydave_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 17:22:25 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)

Folks
 ...just an observation.... a couple of weeks ago I mentioned a very
significant find in the UK by Rob Elliott re the Hambleton Pallasite - d'you
know I had 2, maybe 3 emails on the subject? One to diss it and the other to
buy some. No thread, no discussion, nada, bupkiss,nowt...

You guys have been going on about Holbrook as if it was the most important
thing in the world and also on and on about this speculative Peru fall - isn
t this all a bit parochial? Is the Hambleton pallasite really that boring?
Maybe you all know about it already and I'm just slow to get on the boat -
that is quite possible too.

We seem to get stuck in a rut and go on and on and on about it - and
important finds, if they occur outside the US are of no interest whatsoever
unless someone can get to the location and make a buck out of it.

Are you really not interested in what is probably the most important
meteorite find/fall in the UK by one of the world's top dealers?

Seems this list is only interested if it anything to do with a USA fall/find
- even if it is a common place L6. That is my perspective and opinion - and
possibly incorrect - but I have seen days and days of stuff on Holbrook,
Venus" meteorites and so on.

Sorry if this seems a bit of a rant, it's not meant to be, just an
observation, but from here in little itty-bitty UK (51st state of America),
I am surprised that no one had any real questions regarding this fantastic
find.

Thanks for your attention - please refrain from flaming me!

ciao!

Dave
IMCA #0092
Sec.BIMS