[meteorite-list] Wichita Lawn & Garden Show, Meteorite Display

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 10:11:36 -0600

Hello All,

The local lawn and garden show is a week away (Feb. 28th - March 4th). The
Kansas Meteorite Society, along with the Wichita Gem and Mineral Society,
will be manning a booth in the education section, the entire week.

http://www.wichitagardenshow.com/

We will be handing out pamphlets along with showing and describing
meteorites to the 50,000 in attendance. 10% of the Americans have gardens (I
read that somewhat?) and most have a small interest in rocks. I should be
able to arrange a couple radio spots to tell people they can bring rocks in
to be looked at.

Among the display, I will bring along my microscope with a thin section of
NWA 998. Being a Mars meteorites, and really colorful under polarized
light, it always seems to be of interest to the general public.

I have kind of a small green thumb, so perhaps I can pick up a few tips and
products for my own house, so I am looking forward to the show.

If anyone will be in town, please let me know.

Clear Skies,
Mark Bostick
www.meteoritearticles.com
www.imca.cc